Last year we participated in the Lincoln Safari again. There were no prizes, but we had a great time playing outdoors and seeing new places. We visited all 31 spots and had a great time. We picked up our new book and map today for the 2010 Safari, so I decided now was a good time to post last years pictures before we get started on the new sites.
We visited lots of parks and recreation areas that we had not been to before and a few places we had been to already. I can't remember all the names of the parks, etc (and I can't find my old book right now) but here are a few pictures that highlight all the fun we had.
The first picture is from our very first site of 2009. We went with some friends and had lots of fun. The kids always get excited to play at new parks.


This was a fun little park with a nice lake out by the Lincoln Airport. The kids had fun playing on the bridge, but when we spotted a few baby snakes along the pathway, they were ready to go. It was all I could do to get them back to the van.


New play sets are always exciting as you can see.


We visited Pioneer Park and Nature Center again this year. This time we were sent on a walk through a forest area to find the rubbing post. The kids had a great time listening for the different sounds of Nature and really enjoyed being on a short hike.


Listening to Nature!

The Leader

There was also a little outdoor nature play area at one end of the hike. Sherman was in heaven playing in the sand/digging area.

At this park we also took a little "hike" around the pond to find the rubbing post and then ended at a little park.


They always enjoy the adventure, but the play set at the end makes it even better.

Our last Safari outing for 2009 was on a beautiful Fall day. We went to one site on UNL's City Center Campus and then walked downtown a few blocks to find our final post at the Statewide Arboretum Foundation office. The kids enjoyed wearing their monkey backpacks as usual for the walk, and it helped me to keep up with them.


On the way back to the car we walked a different way and found these cool rocks. The kids enjoyed running and rolling on the grass and playing in the leaves.


Too Bright!

I Love this picture!

We also picked up lots of acorns on the way back to the car.
We had a great time in 2009 and are now looking forward to Safari 2010. We have 30 new sites to explore. Hopefully I will be better at posting pictures along the way.
2 comments:
I was actually thinking the other day; I wonder if they are doing safari this year and I wish we could do it up here!! Looks like lots of fun, sad we aren't there!
Alison, you are such a great Mom!!! I love all that you do with your kids. They are going to have such great memories of growing up. I loved Lincoln Safari!
Post a Comment