Okay, so I'm a little late with these - but here they are finally...

I recently learned how to make these bows for Eliza's hair. Here is my very first bow. I found some cute Halloween ribbon and I gave it a try. Instead of putting it on a clip - ( which would have lasted about 2 seconds or less in Eliza's hair) I sewed it to a soft hair tie. It has worked out great and she can't take them out!!

We had a very fun Halloween season. I tried Sherman and Eliza's "Curious George" costumes on early in the month, just to make sure they still fit. I'm glad they did because they were both so excited about wearing them and didn't care that it was the same costume as last year.


On the Monday before Halloween we went to a Birthday Party for Kate Pobanz who turned one. All the kids wore their costumes, we had cupcakes, and then went to "Boo at the Zoo" (an annual Zoo fundraiser). The kids had a great time getting warmed up for Halloween!

Aren't they cute? Or tortured? Take your pick!

Sherman and Dustin Searle at "Boo at the Zoo"
I don't have any pictures, but we also went trick or treating on Thursday at our local Hyvee grocery store. It was really fun. Sherman really enjoyed the free pizza and decorating a sugar cookie and getting more candy of course.

Halloween day finally arrived and Sherman was very excited about wearing his costume to Joy School. It was very fitting that "H" was the letter of the day. For their craft they each made a Haunted House. After Joy School we picked Sherman up and headed straight to Dad's office. Brenda had brought treats for the kids so we took them in to see her.


Brenda is checking out Eliza's tail.

Our last Halloween events included a Trunk or Treat at the church and then going around to a few of our neighbors. Both Sherman and Eliza really enjoyed going from door to door this year. Sherman would hustle up to the door, get his candy, and be ready for the next house. Eliza on the other hand had a different strategy. She would get her first piece of candy and then linger at the door looking real cute until they offered her another piece. By the third door, she was receiving handfuls. She sure is a smart kid!
The little boy in the Elephant costume is Cohen Stanger - one of Sherman's new friends. I just loved his costume!
4 comments:
LOVE the hairbows ~ LOVE the Curious George costumes, he is a favorite around here ~ Halloween is so fun ~ LOVE the candy myself :>) Thank you for sharing. So fun to see your beautiful children!!! Mama Mary in TN
I'm liking those hairbows too Aly. Way cute. FUN costumes. Looks like you guys had a great Halloween.
Your children are so precious! I love the name Eliza! this is Meghan Meredith by the way :)
So fun to hear of Eliza's great strategy during trick-or-treating! What a cutie! Wish you could teach me how to do those hair-bows! Darling!
Post a Comment