Thursday, November 20, 2008
Black-eyes, Pacifiers & Scrapes
A couple weeks ago we went to a piano concert at church. While there, Eliza got smacked by a door and sustained a beautiful black-eye. These pictures aren't the greatest but they were the best we could get from such a wiggly little girl.

Oh My!
I just found these pictures on the camera. They must have been taken by Dad. Eliza is very much attached to her pacifier and has become quite talented with it. Don't you just love the double pacifier look! Little does Eliza know that her love of pacifier is about to come to an end. She is scheduled to have surgery in January to repair the hole in her soft palate that didn't close after her first soft palate surgery last November. Anyway, she will not be able to use the pacifier for at least 4 weeks. I guess it will be a good time to just get rid of it - we hope!
This picture was taken about a week after the black-eye incident. Notice the pretty colors still under her right eye.
Earlier this week the kids and I were playing catch in the front room and Sherman accidentally fell into the banister and scraped his cheek on a dull corner. Since it scraped the top layer of skin off, it bled for quite a long time. Sherman was pretty upset when I set him on the bathroom counter and attempted to stop the bleeding. He was trying to be brave, but I think he was a little scared (both my kids have always hated to wear band aids). As I was trying to convince him that a band aid was necessary to help stop the bleeding, he turned his head and looked into one of the mirrors on the side wall (which reflects into the mirror on the other wall) and exclaimed, "Look, there are lots of Sherman's!" After that he was just happy to look at all the Sherman's in the mirror and let me put medicine and a band aid on with no complaint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
too funny. aubrey hasn't tried the double pacifier but for a while there she would flip it around in her mouth. She's totally attached. We're going to try to limit binkie time. Bummer about the black eye!
Post a Comment