Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer Trip 2009 - Part 3

Broadbent Family Reunion - Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

We left Page, AZ on July 23rd and headed to Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah for a Family Reunion with my Mom's Family. We had a great time camping, hiking, visiting, and playing with cousins. We were there for three nights and four days. The first day we set up camp, played games in the campground and went to a few beautiful overlooks.

The second day most of us went on a hike down into the canyon and back out. We had several groups going different ways. Sherman and I stayed with the mostly parent and young child group (Eliza stayed back at the campground with Aunt Christy and took a much needed nap). The hike started at a point called Sunset Point and ended at Sunrise Point. We hiked down steep switchbacks into the canyon to begin with. I carried Sherman down in the backpack. Once we got down, he was ready to walk. I believe the entire hike was close to 2 or 2 1/2 miles. Sherman walked almost the entire way, including the steep part back out of the canyon. We had a great time and it was fun to have some one to one time with him.

At the top.



Snack time in the canyon.



Part way through, we loaned the backpack carrier to Aunt Jennifer and Aubrey (who was getting a bit tired).


I love this picture.

Exhausted at the top!

Thank goodness for the backpack!

After the hike, we went into town for some ice cream. The kids had fun playing in the jail with cousins, Jake and Tristan. Then it was time for ice cream. Eliza had to settle for an ice cream sandwich because the ice cream shoppe didn't know any of the allergy information for the ice cream. She didn't seem to mind. As you can see it was warm and the ice cream melted fast. I love these pictures.


What a mess! :)




I think they are loved!

After ice cream, Eliza and I went on our special hike together. She was very excited. We walked across the rim from Sunrise Point to Sunset point and then back to the campground.



On the third day we went on another hike with everybody. Sherman chose Madeline as his hiking partner.


Eliza chose Aunt Kerilyn!


Aunt Sherlyn and Caroline

Broadbent Cousins.

Aunt Maureena, Uncle Alan and Oscar

Uncle Mike and Aubrey

After all the fun we decided showers were in order, especially since it was Sunday the next day. But I had to get a few pictures to show just how dirty my two little kids got.




Look at those legs!

Pretending to sleep.

After showers the kids enjoyed the campfire, singing, and s'mores.

No comments: